Monday, March 28, 2011

Gluten Free Bread Review

Bread in any and every form used to be one of my favorite foods. A dinner of bread, cheese and fruit was high on my list of favorites. It has been rough to pass the bread basket without partaking, but the consequences of cheating are just not worth it. Since I started this diet I have been on the hunt for some type of bread replacement. Many times I have been severely disappointed. Some of the products were so bad I don't think the ducks at the local park would even eat it! It would have probably would have sunk to the bottom of the pond too fast anyhow. Recently I've been a bit more successful and though they aren't as good as the bread I miss, they sure help to fill the void.

This particular loaf is a Teff Sandwich bread made by a local bakery, New Cascadia Traditional. It has a nice mocha brown color, good texture that doesn't demand to be toasted and a very minimal after taste that is so common with gluten free products. It is definitely worth trying. Hope you enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment