Saturday, March 5, 2011

Gluten Free Feast

There is something so bonding and enjoyable about sharing a meal with people you care about. I think for people living with various food intolerances and allergies, those moments are even more special. I strongly believe in the experience and impact of preparing, sharing and enjoying food with our friends and family. I also believe such experiences are even more vital for people living with food challenges. It is so easy to feel isolated, discouraged and deprived. However, with a little creativity and some willing guests the social dining experience can be more rewarding than ever!
Practicing what I preach, I hosted a dinner for 3 people very dear to me last night. We laughed, we ate and none of us missed the gluten, refined sugar, cream or cheese. The experience not only nourished our bodies but our spirits as well.
The Menu-
'Cream' of Celery Root Soup
Baked Herb Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
Apple Rhubarb Crisp with Homemade Granola Topping

No comments:

Post a Comment