Sunday, March 20, 2011

Study Break

My final gluten free Seattle stop, before embarking on the train to Portland, was a bakery and cafe called Flying Apron. Sweet and savory treats abound all of which are vegan, gluten free as well as free of refined sugar. What more could this gluten, dairy, sugar intolerant, holistic nutrition student ask for? Well I couldn't think of anything and I treated myself. The Black Cherry and Chocolate cake was consumed on premise. And when I say consumed I mean every little morsel. The cake was light, moist, full of flavor and my favorite part, black cherries had been cooked right into the batter. I saved the Macaroon Mound for the train ride. It was a welcome snack to fuel the brain for all the studying being done. The Macaroon is a must try for coconut lovers, this one was not disappointed. The shop is in another great Seattle neighborhood worth exploring, the Freemont District. Hope you have the opportunity to visit!
www.flyingapron.com


No comments:

Post a Comment