Sunday, April 10, 2011

Cookbook Review

I was recently introduced to the culinary creations of Elana Amsterdam. After briefly looking through her cookbook, The Gluten-free Almond Flour Cookbook. I eagerly went out and purchased one of my own. It is full of great recipes sure to fill the void living a gluten and mostly dairy free life can cause. All of the recipes are gluten free, grain free, soy free, free of refined sugar and many are free of dairy and egg-less. This book is not appropriate if you have nut allergies. I have made two recipes so far (I am eager to try more) and was amazed at the results. No icky GF aftertaste, no nasty spike in blood sugar, just absolutely delicious. The only down side to the recipes are that some of the ingredients are pricey and/or only available by order or in specialty shops. Other than that the book gets rave reviews and I encourage you to add it to your collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment