Tuesday, March 20, 2012

No Guilt Brownies

To all the chocolate lovers out there this one is for you! I am one of chocolate's biggest fans. I believe I could consume my body weight in chocolate if given the opportunity. So obviously brownies are one of my desserts of choice. Brownies are a great chocolate comfort food and always a crowd pleaser. However, ever since I went gluten and dairy free I haven't been able to find a mix or recipe that tested good and didn't leave my gut in knots. Until I came upon this recipe! I found it on multiple on-line sites and as always had to add my own little creative spin. These brownies are grain-free, dairy-free and pack a huge protein punch making them almost a health food! Don't be deterred when you read the ingredient list. I have had multiple friends try these and no one ever once guessed the ingredients. I hope you enjoy them as much as I am!

No Guilt Brownies
*1 10 oz bag of allergen-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
*1 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
*4 eggs
* 1/2 c pure maple syrup
*1/2 tsp baking powder
*Raspberry preserves

Melt the chocolate over medium-low to medium heat in a double boiler. While the chocolate is melting, blend the eggs and beans until smooth. Once chocolate is melted add it to the egg and bean mixture. Add the baking powder and process until thoroughly combined, scraping down the sides as needed. Pour the batter in 1/4 to 1/3 c measurements into a greased or lined muffin tin depending on size of the tin. Nestle 1/2 tsp of raspberry preserves into the center of each brownie. Bake at 350 approximately 25 to 30 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean. The brownies are great at room temperature, but are extra decadent eaten when they are still warm after coming out of the oven.




No comments:

Post a Comment