Thursday, April 14, 2011

Did Someone Say Scones?

Lately I have been craving sweets. But not the super sugar sweets, sweets that are rich and have a depth of flavor. This has been quite a challenge to quell with my inability to consume gluten and increasing difficulty to tolerate any refined sugar. Fortunately I found this recipe in Elana Amsterdam's cookbook, Chocolate Chip Scones. These tasty treats have squelched the cravings and are packed with nutrients, an extra benefit I wasn't even looking for.

The recipe is easy to make and not complicated at all. I purchased the almond flour on Amazon


, not a cheap ingredient but oh so worth it! The rest of the ingredients can be found at New Seasons, Whole Foods or whatever local grocer you prefer. I also used a very dark chocolate bar made without dairy, refined sugar or soy lecithin. The brand is Rapunzel having great texture and flavor. Serve the scones warm and with a glass of tea or your favorite non-dairy beverage. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment