Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Spring Cleanse

Tis the season for clearing out clutter and deep cleaning everything in sight. This year I decided to add my body to the list and have commenced a two week cleanse: no dairy, gluten, soy, sugar or grain with limited fruit. This is going to be interesting. I've become more adjusted to the no dairy and gluten, but the no grain is a first. Be prepared for some different recipes!

Tonight the meal was entirely plant based making it full of nutrients and easy to digest. Dinner was a fennel, avacado and beet salad to start and pesto 'pasta' as the main. I used ribbons of zucchini I cut using a mandolin. After a very quick blanching in boiling water I tossed the zucchini with vegan pesto, chopped tomato and sliced green onions. Finished with a bit of sea salt and voila! A delicious grain free entree. You can also make this dish a raw one omiting the step of blanching. Let me know what you think if you feel adventurous some night and try this dish.


No comments:

Post a Comment