Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Roasted Garbanzos

Yikes! It has been way too long since I visited the world of blog. Now that I am settled into my life on the island the posts should return in more regular frequency. So without further ado, here is one of my first recipes from the island. Look forward to more recipes inspired by the island's bounty.

Roasted Garbanzo Beans

1 can organic garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
2-3 Tbs high quality grapeseed oil
1/4 red onion, chopped
1 Tbs caraway seeds (oregano would also be good)
1/4 tsp sea salt

Combine all ingredients and place in a very lightly greased shallow baking dish. Place beans in a single layer in the dish. Bake at 350 until beans are golden brown and starting to crack open. This dish is a great protein serving especially for those on a vegetarian diet. I served them with a vegetable saute and brown rice. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment