Wednesday, June 15, 2011

You Won't Believe It's Gluten Free!

The other day my sister and I stopped by Whole Foods to get the last couple ingredients for our dinner. Much to my delighted surprise they were hosting a mini gluten free fair. Several gluten free products the store carries were being featured and sampled. It was a great idea as many of the items I had been overlooking unaware of their existence. One product rose above the others, hand held pie by Bridge City Bakery. I knew it wasn't my scewed taste buds when my gluten eating sister said, "We need to get one of these for dessert!". Brilliant idea and we did!

The company is OR based and uses only natural ingredients. There are at least four flavors. We tried the Hood River blueberry and the date with pecan variety. The filling is substantial and the crust is just what you expect from pie, buttery and flaky. The pie is very reasonable, less than four dollars and worth every penny! Check with your Whole Foods associate to find out how to get your hands on one, you won't be disappointed.


No comments:

Post a Comment