Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Joy

The cleansing process is a challenge. It not only has it consumed much of my life in that every thing I eat must come from scratch and every item that goes in my cart at the store must be thoroughly investigated for off-limit ingredients, but it is also forcing me to evaluate myself and what role food really plays in my life. I didn't realize how often I used food as a comfort, reward or celebration until the majority of food was taken out of my diet. Food is an extremely emotional part of my life nourishing more than just my physical being. Now the task is to determine whether or not my emotional ties to the food I prepare and eat is healthy. A growth opportunity which I hope to take full advantage of, but can be uncomfortable to say the least. Analyzing oneself and admitting change may be necessary is never a fun process.

I titled this entry joy for several reasons. Though I am grieving my old ways of eating, the restaurants I will never be able to go to again, the food I will no longer be able to eat, I am finding joy in my new found health, joy in my increased awareness in the nutrition I am providing my body. Within two weeks I have started to experience radical change in my body. I am becoming more in tune to its needs and process. I can actually hear my stomach working again, my sinuses are clearing, I know the feeling of hungry and full and my migraines are diminishing! I savor my food and seem to be more aware of flavors and textures. My food is more wholesome and I am more whole. I am amazed at how my body is responding to food in its more natural form; how nature is so perfect and provides us with what we need to sustain and thrive.
Be Well!
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment